WRECK-A-MIC's BLOG Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Email


Followers

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Open Letter To Parents

 

Parents,
PLEASE do not allow your children to stay attached to their phone all day. Set limitations. Restrict their usage until they've shown they are responsible and can be trusted. Too many young children are allowed to have unrestricted access to calls, texts, Internet, pic sharing, etc to the point where their phone is the center of their lives. Children have no real perspective. It is not fair to them OR the educators you send them to 23 days out of the month! The more parents allow their children to totally engross themselves in social media/texting, the less emphasis there is on education, respectful behavior and team building. I see a trend of self centered, entitled, tunnel-vision having teens that are really looking for a connection. When I was being raised by my mother, there were limitations on television, phone time, play time, etc. I wasn't even allowed to isolate myself in my room all day. Don't just BE a parent. Parent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment