WRECK-A-MIC's BLOG Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Email


Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

T.O. Drew Zero NFL Attention At Televised Workouts

 


Six months after ACL surgery, 37 years old Terrell Owens had his first televised workout yesterday morning at Calabasas High School in Los Angeles. Nobody came. Well, at least nobody from the NFL came. There was plenty of media types and the workouts were televised which may add insult to injury. T.O. and Plaxico Burress have the same agent; Drew Rosenhaus. This was his circus. He staged a successful comeback for Burress but it's not looking so good for Owens, who looked "good" in workouts but couldn't accelerate well enough after making cuts to draw any interest from NFL scouts or coaches. I say "good" meaning "average nfl receiver" good; not good for T.O. Owens is still 2-3 weeks away from full recovery. The chances of T.O. making a comeback on a Super Bowl contender are astronomically low. Terrell Owens is still a physical specimen but at 37, an ACL surgery is extremely hard to come back from and not lose a step or two.

"I feel good," Owens told a reporter after the workout. "This is actually shorter than I've been going the last couple of weeks, so I feel good. It's been challenging from a physical standpoint, just to get my knee back to where it needs to be, and to have the confidence to go out here and run and cut. This is what I've been training for, I'm not worried about the naysayers who say that I can't come back, that I'm wasting my time. I think what I showed today -- it speaks for itself."

Owens is staying positive.

"I have faith that I'll land on my feet."

0 comments:

Post a Comment